A trek to Netravati Peak takes you through lush green grasslands, breath taking panoramic views of the Kudremukha range of mountains, the exquisite biodiversity and the pristine beauty of Western Ghats. The three famous rivers of Karnataka – Tunga, Bhadra and Netravati originates at this region called Gangamoola and Netravathi peak is the origin of river Nethravati.
Highlights of the trek to Netravati peak
Difficulty level: Intermediate
Distance from Bangalore: 350 Kms
Total distance: 14 Kms
Elevation gain: 3000 ft
Time: 9 – 12 hours
Trail type: Out and Back
Trail head village: Samse
Forest Range: Kudremukh National Park
What is Included?
- Stay: Tent stay on twin sharing basis.
- Food: Buffet style veg meals (Breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Transport: Bangalore to Trek starting point and back by non-AC vehicle
- Forest department charges paid per person basis
- Trained Instructor
- Basic First aid is available during the trek
- Final day lunch and dinner or any personal expenses including tips
- Fee for White Water Rafting is extra and is Rs 1250/- per head
June – Oct: Monsoon rain brings greenery and wild blossoms to the western ghats. You
need to be prepared for the rains but still, it is the most beautiful time to hike around these
Nov- Dec: Winters are drier and cooler and hence very convenient for hiking and
exploring the hills.
Jan – May: No
08:00 PM Pikcup from Bangalore
08:00 PM: Start driving towards Kudremukh National Park
05:00 AM Reach early at Kudremukh Homestay refresh and have a hot breakfast.
→ Post breakfast, get ready to start the trek after getting your lunch packed lunch→ Walk through the tropical rain forests, cross a few water streams, small waterfalls, green
meadows till you reach the top of the peak.
→ At Netravathi peak, what you can see would just let you forget everything else and just
enjoy and descend back.
→ Reach homestay at 5 pm, have dinner & retire for the day
8:30 AM After Breakfast visit next Yelneer waterfalls if time Permits which you will be
checking out of the homestay.
Begin the return journey on the way visit Belur and back to Bangalore.
8:30 PM Reach Bangalore
Pickup Points in Bangalore
8.00 PM: KORAMANGALA (BANK OF BARODA)
8.15 PM: EMBASSY GOLF LINKS TECH PARK
8.30 PM: VIVEKANANDA METRO STATION
9.00 PM: HEBBAL/MANYATHA TECH PARK
9.15 PM: GORGUNTEPALYA METRO STATION
Things to Carry
- State issued photo ID card• Backpack
- 2 litres waterbottle
- Flashligh / headlamp / hand torch
- Personal Medication, Allergy Medication.
- Energy Bars , Glucose
- Camera (Optional) & Spare Batteries
- Hat / cap
- Extra pair of socks
- Change of clothes
Other Trips in This Area