Knots, Bends & Hitches…FREE (with a catch)!
Rock Climbing, Caving, Canyoneering, Boating, Sailing, Fishing etc. No matter which adventure sport you are involved in, Knots and rope work is very important. Indian Canyoning Association and Bangalore Adventure School are together bringing you the Knots workshop in Bangalore.
Location : Location will be emailed to registered participants 1 week before the event.
Mandatory Fees: None
Refundable Deposit : 500
If you turn up for the event, the full amount will be refunded.
If you don’t show up, you will lose the deposit.
Link to Register: https://bascool.org/Knots-Reg
Ropes: Please bring your own ropes. Two pieces of ropes of different colors – 1 meter each
You may also pay INR 500 and we can bring the ideal pieces of ropes and you can take them home to continue practice.
We’ll not only learn how to make these knots, bends & hitches, but we’ll learn the differences between them, and what each of them are best used for!
1) Ropes, type of ropes
3) Differences between Knots, Bends and Hitches
4) We’ll cover the following Knots: Overhand, Figure-8, Double Overhand (Stopper), Overhand on a bight, Figure 8 on a bight, Alpine Butterfly
5) We’ll cover the following Bends: EDK, Double Fisherman, Figure 8 follow-through, Square Fisherman
6) We’ll cover the following Hitches: Girth, Clove, Prusik
7) We will finish it off by learning double fisherman to make a prusik loop.
Location: Exact meeting point inside the park will be emailed to registered participants.